Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Absolute Rest

This is a drabble I wrote years and years ago. I figured what the heck. might as well go somewhere.


Professor Chron made the last connection and stood back, gazing proudly at
his newly completed time machine. He set up a video camera to record the
historic moment. The first trip, he decided, would be to the future. He
entered the mechanism and set the controls for five seconds into the future.
He thought that should be plenty of time for the camera to show the machine
missing. He reached out and flicked the switch, there was a flash of light
and a falling sensation. He flung open the door and stepped out. The Earth
rushed up to meet him.



To save the effort of looking it up for those who don't know, a drabble is a piece of short short fiction, exactly 100 words in length.

Not sure why I was feeling down over the weekend, company was pleasant, usually interesting and fun things to do, or read. Just feeling down. Possibly the approach of my birthday is causing the usual 'where am I going with my life' reflections to start going round my head again. I thought about that while I was riding to work, and figured out that if I don't know where I want to go, I might as well not worry about it for now and just try to enjoy being who and where I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home