Thursday, October 09, 2003

Drying apples

I spent yesterday and today taking digital photos of apples drying in two solar dryers. Among all my other little jobs like removing references to scholarships that don't exist because the people providing the scholarships didn't get their funding renewed.

I did a little filk writing yesterday prior to going for my weekly sing. Is it too late for me? :) Ahh well, I'm having fun and that's the main thing.

I am skipping book club tonight to go spend some time with Andrew as he's off to Darwin tomorrow to go on the World Solar Challenge with the Sungroper team.

My thoughts on the book for book club anyway (The sword in the stone by T.H.White): I suspect I found it more engaging as a child, currently I found the mishmash of historical periods, anachronisms and eccentric characters a little irritating. The best part about reading it was figuring out where the Pellinore etc. characters had come from in 'Lost in a Good Book' by Jasper Fforde which I am currently rereading. Again.

Oh well, better get some work done before I have to go down and take another few photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home